What treatment is available as part of a smile makeover at your Acton dentist?
For most people their smile is one of their most important assets and it is the first thing they notice in other people. But what if your smile isn’t up to scratch? For those who feel less than content with their smile a solution can be found with a smile makeover.
A smile makeover involves a number of different procedures, which can help your smile reach its full potential. You may only need one procedure to help you gain this perfect smile or you can choose a combination. Treatments found in a smile makeover include:
- Tooth whitening – This treatment is the most popular smile makeover option in Acton and across the globe. The treatment involves gel applied to the teeth or lasers, both of which can enhance your smile by up to 8 shades. Home whitening kits from shops provide only a limited amount of colour change, so for a truly beautiful, long-lasting white smile your dentist will always be the best option.
- Filling Replacements – Many people may have received fillings back when only amalgam was available, but today white coloured fillings are readily available from most dental practices. If you currently have a metal filling a simple procedure can replace it with a white, composite filling, preventing further decay and restoring your smile.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are tooth coloured shells, which are attached to the surface of the existing tooth to help change the colour, shape, size and overall appearance. Composite resin veneers are a great deal cheaper than porcelain veneers, but do not have their natural appearance or longevity.
- Dental Implants – If you are missing teeth or have gaps between teeth, then dental implants may be a better alternative to bridges, dentures or crowns. Although more expensive than other restorative procedures, dental implants last a great deal longer, do not move or fall out and have a more natural appearance.
- Teeth Straightening – Orthodontics can involve a number of different brace systems including fixed or metal braces. However, today a large number of removable, discreet aligners are available, including the most popular, Invisalign. Invisalign, also known as ‘invisible’ braces, use clear, removable aligners to move the teeth into the desired position. Your smile could be straightened and rejuvenated without anyone even realising.
There are also a number of other procedures which can be used for a smile makeover, including dentures, crowns, bridges and composite bonding, to help you achieve your perfect smile.