What are Six Month Smiles braces?
Smile in 6 Month braces are mostly used to correct problems with the front upper and lower 4-6 teeth, transforming your smile with minimum orthodontic treatment.
The treatment uses clear or tooth coloured braces which are fixed to the front surface of your teeth. These special braces which transform crooked teeth in an average of six months, use low forces to rapidly move the teeth. Six Month Smiles braces transform your teeth comfortably leaving you with a confident smile.
When would I need Six Month Smile braces?
These braces are used to treat mild to moderate misalignments of anterior or front teeth, such as:
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Correcting minor crowded teeth
- Correcting orthodontic relapse
- Protruding or `sticking out’ teeth
- Making minor alignment improvements in preparation for cosmetic dental procedures like porcelain veneers and smile makeovers.
What is the procedure?
At your first appointment, we will take digital x-rays, photographs of your smile and models of your teeth in preparation for your six month braces to be fitted.
At your next appointment, we will fit the braces, which are barely visible, to the anterior teeth (upper and lower 6 front teeth) or the teeth that show when you smile.
We will see you every 4-6 weeks for approximately 20 minutes to adjust the forces needed to align your teeth and to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
The average treatment time is 6 months. Once your treatment is complete we will provide you with a retainer to ensure your teeth stay in position and you can enjoy your new smile for a lifetime.
What are the benefits of treatment?
If your teeth are crowded together, overlapped, or have spaces between them, the 6 Month Smiles braces can transform your smile in a matter of months and give you the smile you've always wanted.
- Aesthetics: Clear braces with tooth coloured braces which are barely visible
- Age: Suitable for all age groups - teens and adults
- Comfort: Most patients experience minimal discomfort and speech interference, after just a short adjustment period, you will be able to eat and speak normally
- Economical: More economical than other orthodontic braces
- Reliable: Correct all types of minor dental irregularities
- Safe: Use of low forces increase comfort and safety
- Time: Visible results in only a short time
How will I feel after treatment?
When you first have your Six Month braces fitted and at your follow up adjustment appointments, you may experience a feeling of tension in the mouth as your teeth start to move into their new position. This is usually temporary and your mouth will adapt to your Six Month braces within a few days.
Your speech may initially be affected. However, your speech will improve as you become accustomed to your braces.
Six Month braces that are fitted on the front surface of your teeth cannot be removed for cleaning. It is therefore important that you brush well. We provide you with a complimentary orthodontic care kit with special interdental brushes to keep your teeth and brace clean.
In order to look after your teeth and braces, it is best to avoid:
- Eating toffees, boiled sweets, chewing gum, chocolates
- Fizzy drinks and fruit juices
- Eating hard foods, which may damage the braces such as crunchy apple and crusty bread.
How long will my treatment take?
Smiles in 6 month braces are as individual as you are. That’s why the duration of treatment will differ from one person to the next. Treatment time usually takes 6 months but may vary according to your individual treatment.
We will see you every 3-4 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Wearing a retainer after your orthodontic treatment is an important step, because it keeps your teeth stable in their new position. To help you maintain your new smile, we provide a free retainer for you at the end of your Six Month Smiles braces treatment.
In addition, after completing your treatment, we will also see you for a further two complimentary appointments at six monthly intervals, to ensure all is well.
How much will my Six Month Smile braces cost?
We understand that price is an important consideration. Like any orthodontic treatment, the fee for 6 Month braces is dependent on your suitability for treatment and the complexity of your treatment.
When you come to see us for your first consultation, we will determine the most appropriate braces treatment for you and provide you with a treatment plan and cost.
- Any breakages of the brace, bracket and wires are included.
- All scheduled appointments and aftercare are included in our fees.
- All of our brace treatments come with a flexible payment plan to suit your needs.
To obtain an estimate for the total fee for your treatment, please call 020 8567 4344 for your consultation or email us.
What are the alternatives to the treatment?
Six Month Smiles are not the only option when looking at options for straightening your teeth. If more complex bite or jaw problems are present, other braces may be more suitable.
If you are looking to close a gap in your teeth quickly, Cosmetic Bonding or other cosmetic dental solutions may be more suitable.
Alternative treatments: Inman Aligner, Incognito Lite and SBt Braces, Invisalign