At Sparkle Dental Boutique, Kew we aim to promote environmental good practice and comply with and wherever possible exceed all relevant environmental legislation relevant to the dental industry. We actively communicate within the practice on environmental issues and engage the team in achieving good environmental practice.
· We use digital radiography when taking patient x-rays. Although this is more expensive than conventional x-rays, digital x-rays cut up to 75-90% of radiation exposure. In addition, using digital radiographs completely eliminates the toxic chemicals that are required to process conventional film x-rays.
· We have used wood and Marmoleum as a suitable and environmentally friendly floor covering. Marmoleum exhibits antibacterial properties and is manufactured from sustainable, natural resources. It is fully biodegradable at the end of its life. The plants and trees that supply the raw materials also produce oxygen – helping to reduce carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere.
· Our air-conditioning units are amongst the most energy-efficient on the market (featuring on the UK government’s energy technology list of eco-friendly equipment). Daikin, who produce the units, have obtained ISO 14001 environmental certification – underlining their commitment to reducing their impact on the environment.· We seek to minimise waste from our activities and recycle wherever possible.
· We provide the safe removal and replacement of existing mercury contained in amalgam (silver) fillings with newly fitted technology – eliminating any likelihood of polluting our water supplies.
· Our needles and clinical waste are disposed of in special collection sharp bins so there is no chance of exposure to the public.
· We use rechargeable batteries wherever possible.
Sparkle Dental Boutique 311 Boston Road Hanwell, Ealing London, W7 2AT
020 8567 4344
Monday to Friday:
8.30am – 5.00pm
9.00am – 4.00pm